Spiderzrule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spiderzrule

Your chance to discuss spiders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Giant spider in downtown Dallas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spideybabe

Giant spider in downtown Dallas Empty
PostSubject: Giant spider in downtown Dallas   Giant spider in downtown Dallas EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:14 pm

So sorry I don't have a picture of a spider I saw in downtown Dallas many years ago. I was waiting for the walk signal at the intersection of Main and Akard. It was lunch time, so lots of pedestrians. When the signal changed, no one stepped off the curb. I moved forward to see what the holdup was. There was a huge spider crossing in front of the crowd 'affraid. It was not a tarantula, at least not as I know them, with stocky, hairy body and hairy legs. Rather, this was grey, about 8-10 inches from front legs to back. Large abdomen, small thorax and head, long thin legs. No visible hair. I have always wondered what it was, and just recently found this site. It literally stopped (pedestrian) traffic! When the light changed to green, it was squished by cars.
Surely someone knows what kind of spider this might have been. I never knew anything other than a tarantula could be so big.
Any ideas, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Giant spider in downtown Dallas   Giant spider in downtown Dallas EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:51 am

What a shame it got squasged!! Did you look through my photos at www.spiderzrule to see if you could see it?
glen
Back to top Go down
https://spiderzrule.forumotion.com
spideybabe

PostSubject: Re: Giant spider in downtown Dallas   Giant spider in downtown Dallas EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 pm

I have seen a couple of photos that resemble, as closely as I can remember, the spider that I saw. The problem is that few of the photos have anything to scale the size of the spider by. That was the main characteristic of this spider.
Back to top Go down
Arachnophobia

PostSubject: Re: Giant spider in downtown Dallas   Giant spider in downtown Dallas EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 am

what spider did it look like?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giant spider in downtown Dallas   Giant spider in downtown Dallas Empty

Back to top Go down

Giant spider in downtown Dallas
Page 1 of 1