Spiderzrule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spiderzrule

Your chance to discuss spiders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
twilks

Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!   Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! EmptySat May 30, 2009 6:51 am

Tonight I found this critter crawling around my house. Originally I was SURE it was a brown recluse, maybe just a young one. After doing some research, I am not so sure anymore, however I cannot figure out what it is.

The reasons I do not think its a brown recluse anymore is that it appears to have 8 eyes (2 in front, 2 in back). There is a chance the 2 in the front are one bigger eye (which could imply recluse), however they are not arranged like a normal recluse. Also, this spider does not appear to have a violin on its back. I didn't know if recluses had the violin when they were young??

These pictures may be difficult to see the eyes of the spider, but PLEASE help me identify this spider. I really would like to know what I have crawling around my house. This is the 2nd spider I have found like this! Thanks!!

[url=Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider15]Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider15[/url]

[url=Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider16]Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider16[/url]

[url=Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider17]Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider17[/url]

This is the OTHER spider I found. I would also like to know what this is, if you guys have any idea!

[url=Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider18]Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider18[/url][url][/url]

[img]Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Spider19[/img]

Sorry about the double thumbnails, apparently I did the images wrong!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!   Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 am

Hi
Do you live in an area where there are brown recluse? Chack out my spider map
http://www.spiderzrule.com/dangermap.htm and see if you do. I don't think it is to be honest but I'm not sure what they are, the photos aren't real clear are they?
glen
Back to top Go down
https://spiderzrule.forumotion.com
twilks

PostSubject: Re: Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!   Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks for replying. I live in East Tennessee, so by your map there are brown recluses around. I have heard from several people that they are not that common here though - although they are seen sometimes.

No, my camera is not the best - and those pictures are as good as I can get. I took several, and posted the best ones.

The main reason I do not think it is a recluse is due to the eyes. As I mentioned, I'm about 90% positive the spider I found has eight eyes, instead of six. Also, there is clearly not a violin marking on that spider, but I'm not positive ALL recluses have that marking.

The problem is, I cannot seem to find ANY other spiders that live in my area which resemble the one I found. The closest looking one on the internet is the brown recluse. That is why I am having a really hard time figuring out what it may be.

Do you have any guess at all as to what those 2 spiders could be?? ANY help is appreciated. Thanks -

Brantley
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!   Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm

The second one could be some sort of Amaurobius, they have the shiney abdomen. The abdomen on the first one looks like a male nursery web spider
http://www.spiderzrule.com/nursery.htm
I'm afraid that's the closest I can come up with sorry, glen
Back to top Go down
https://spiderzrule.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!   Maybe brown recluse?? HELP! Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe brown recluse?? HELP!
Page 1 of 1