Spiderzrule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spiderzrule

Your chance to discuss spiders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

trying to identify...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dmband

trying to identify... Empty
PostSubject: trying to identify...   trying to identify... EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:27 pm

We found this spider yesterday morning in our pool skimmer, underwater, clinging to the basket inside. He (it) must have been there for hours. We are surprised he didn't drown. We are located in Northern New Jersey. This is definitely the largest spider we've ever seen in this area, having lived here for 40+ years. Before we found the spider, I noticed a funnel-type web in a planter near the pool. It looks like it may be a wolf spider to me, but I'd love to have your expert opinion! Please see attached picture. Thank you~ New picture added 9/9... as close up as I could get through the jar!

[img]trying to identify... Img_0017[/img][img][/img][img]trying to identify... Dsc_0111[/img]

Last edited by dmband on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : unable to view picture)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

trying to identify... Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying to identify...   trying to identify... EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:59 am

It could be a fishing spider, they like water and have striped legs like yours does. Check them out
Nice closeup BTW
Back to top Go down
https://spiderzrule.forumotion.com

trying to identify...
Page 1 of 1