Spiderzrule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spiderzrule

Your chance to discuss spiders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? +

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinogi

This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? + Empty
PostSubject: This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? +   This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? + EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 am

For the last three nights in a row, a spider has wandered across my computer screen. I understand the only source of light in the room is from my computer screen but they get there so fast after I turn off the lamp. Also it's every night. How many spiders live in an area? I'm moving around, typing and playing music, I am clearly a "danger"/thing to avoid, but it's like the spiders are moths to a flame. Other than keeping a brighter light source on I don't know what to do to keep them away. Why is this happening?/ Why are the spiders so bold? Are they really attracted to the light?

They're regular house spiders, small and milky off white coloured with small black tipped fangs. Average slim legs and both body parts are clearly defined. Instead of webs they seem to spin cocoons in the niche where the wall meets the ceiling area and corners. They don't even recycle the 'web' just make a new one nearby, and I don't know how or what they're eating...

I don't want to hurt these spiders, but I can only mentally handle one in my bedroom at a time. Is it true that the one spider will stay away other spiders.

Thanks,

- Pino
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? + Empty
PostSubject: Re: This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? +   This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? + EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:57 am

They probably know that insects are attracted to the light and therefore come to see if any food appears. I don't know if one spider will keep away other spider, I haven't heard that one sorry!!
Back to top Go down
https://spiderzrule.forumotion.com

This keeps happening! Is this normal activity for spiders? +
Page 1 of 1