Spiderzrule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spiderzrule

Your chance to discuss spiders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Kind of Spider Is This?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Neocka

What Kind of Spider Is This? Empty
PostSubject: What Kind of Spider Is This?   What Kind of Spider Is This? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:32 am

I know this is going to sound completely crazy but I am terrified of spiders. I always have been. I am definately not one of those people that could ever watch Arachnophobia. LOL lol! . I have one that lives right outside my front door. pale

I live in Dayton, Ohio, and this is a spider like I have never seen before. Now I have no pctures because I cannot get close enough to it. However, it is about 4 inches in diameter. It is tan with brown stripes on its legs (these stripes are like bands around his legs). He (?) has about eight white spots on its throat and upper chest, has no hair (fur) on any of his (?) body. The worst thing about him is that although he is as big as he is, he/her web goes all the way across my porch, and from top to bottom of my porch. Inother words, there is no way to go around it. You have to walk through it. pale

My question is if any one can tell me what it may be and if it can hurt my children. They are my main concern. I would also like to know if it could hurt my dog. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. sunny

Thank you so much in advance and have a wonderful day, Neocka flower
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Kind of Spider Is This?   What Kind of Spider Is This? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:02 am

Most large web spinning spiders are garden orb weavers and not dangerous but its impossible to tell for sure without a photo
glen
Back to top Go down
https://spiderzrule.forumotion.com
GardenOrbWeaver1146

GardenOrbWeaver1146

PostSubject: dont worry.   What Kind of Spider Is This? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:11 am

Oh, I dont think it`ll hurt your children because they are usally scared of people, unless he it like REALLY mad. Dont be scared, I dont think he`ll (?) or she`ll (?) uh.... it`ll (Yes) will hurt you or your kids. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://spyderland.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Kind of Spider Is This?   What Kind of Spider Is This? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Kind of Spider Is This?
Page 1 of 1